Home > Forum > Actions > Using a form field value for Time Out Interval

Using a form field value for Time Out Interval

We have a form that needs to stay open for a length of time before auto moving the flow into a cancelled step. This length of time is user selectable when creating a new record. Talent Req is created and posting is set to stay up for 30/60/90 days.

Is there a way to get the Timeout interval value set to the value of a form field? (If the user chooses 30 days, that will be the timeout value, 60, etc...)

MVP
In reply to: Sebastian Gębuś

Hello Bo,

as far as I know there is no such option, but you can calculate this date in technical field and set it as 'start date' in the timeout configuration ;)
This should give you the same result.

Hi,

I have a few hints regarding this:

- You have to calculate the date using an action on the path itself. I once calculated the value in OnEntry of the step. Unfortunately the timeout is created _before_ the OnEntry actions have been executed. I received an error because the date field was null. So I had to copy the action to each path which lead to the step.

- If you retrieve these values 30/60/90 from constants you could define different ones for each environment. So you could use -1/1/2 for dev and others for testing. If you don't execute the timeout only during night times, the timeout will fire "immediately", which makes it easier to test.

Best regards,
Daniel