Home > Forum > General > Item list - target field option gives value to wrong row

Item list - target field option gives value to wrong row

Hello everyone! :)

It's great to work on Webcon, really useful staff. Unfortunately I think i found a bug, since I can't find any issue in my configuration. I have an Item List field type with some fields in it: type, subtype, value, start-date, finish-date.
My configuration is set to automaticly take value from database and place it on 'value' when I pick 'subtype' from dropdown. I am using the target field option, because 'subtype' is a picker. Everything works fine until I delete some element from the list and then i try to add new one. The value from the new chosen 'subtype' isnt placed in the correct row, but, for example, two rows upper (I didn't recognize there were any rule, sometimes its 2 rows upper, sometime its 5 rows upper).
I found out that if I set item list sorting to ID(created by webcon) from End Date(set by user) then problem doesnt occur. The thing is I want to have it sorted by end date.

If i have to specify something or add more screenshots then please let me know.

And btw. I have similar Item List field, where the same bug occurs, so its not one-time problem unfortunately.

Cheers
Kamil Górski

MVP
In reply to: Kamil Górski

Adding screenshot before and after picking 'subtype' to give you a better image of what is happening. It only happens after deleting some rows and adding some more.

Hi Kamil,

which version are you running? If it's a new one you should create a support ticket if you encounter something as weird as this.

If it's an older one someone here may test it in a newer version.

We are running 2021.1.3.205 and I will test it tomorrow morning.

Best regards,
Daniel

MVP
In reply to: Kamil Górski

Thank you for your answer Daniel.

We are working on 2021.1.3.188 so its not the newest one. I guess i will wait for information from you, if that bug still occurs in new version. In the meantime i will check if our environment is ready to update to new version.

Cheers
Kamil

Hi Kamil,

at least in version 2021.1.3.205 there's still a problem.

I've added a picker field, target field and a sorting field. Changed the sorting of the item list to the field and saved a workflow instance with three rows.
I cleared the target fields (1), and added three rows. When I populate the user in row 4 the target field of row 1 gest populated. The same behavior is applied to the other rows.

As soon as I restore the sorting to Id everything works fine.

WebconApps is running on 2021.1.3.205, so maybe someone else could verify it on a later version.

Best regards,
Daniel