Home > Forum > General > Add privileges to old items/documents

Add privileges to old items/documents

Hello everyone,
I have a problem and I hope that you will help me with the solution :)
In general, at the star step, I grant read permissions to different domain groups (Add/Remove privileges BPS Action).
The problem comes when I have a completely new group and I need them to have access to old documents in end step (Final - positive). Clicking through several thousand documents is not an option.
It would be best to use the option to check permissions to open in the browser, but that didn't work for me.
I was thinking about using a dedicated BPS SQL procedure [proc_WFSecuritiesInsert] to add access for
a group for specific cases but I don't know if it's a good solution. I don't know what is the general approach to doing
something from the base.

I will be grateful for any suggestions for a solution.
I have version 2020.1.3.434

Best regards,
Michael

MVP

Hello,
in the add privileges action you can use sql query which will return wfd_id of the documents to update :)
This should work for you just fine, you can use this action in some technical workflow/button, or whatever.
Another option could be to use a mass update via reports, more information here - https://community.webcon.com/posts/post/mass-actions-in-reports/142

Hello gentlemen, thank you for your reply.

@Sebastian in the add privileges action query I return domain groups that can have read access. And it works, but I do it in the starting step but I have to give access to the documents in the archive, so this report sounds good to me :)
I'm trying to use the report you wrote about, I did everything according to the instructions sent, but my button is inactive any suggestions?

@Daniel thx for the hint, but in my case I can't use it, because there are several departments using this application.
I'll try to explain it with an abstract example: for HR Department documents, Legal Department need to have read access, but Legal Department he shouldn't see Logistics department documents. But Logistics department can read own and the warehouse documents but no more, etc.