Home > Forum > Actions > Action "Move workflow (SQL)" giving the Error "Incorrect column PATH_ID format"

Action "Move workflow (SQL)" giving the Error "Incorrect column PATH_ID format"

Hi,

I am trying to move multiple related child instances through an action. I tried doing that with the “Move workflow (SQL)” action. The query I used can be found in the Attachments. The table I get also looks fine, but I still get the Error "Incorrect column PATH_ID format". I already checked all of the IDs, they should all be fine.
I used the following thread as a reference: https://alterpaths.com/wait-for-sub-workflows-step-advanced-configuration/

Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance

In reply to: Sebastian Gębuś

Hi Nick,

just to mention, as I see you have come across alterpaths, check out also this article https://alterpaths.com/massive-update-of-sub-workflows-in-webcon-bps/
if you want to get rid of that case when block :)

Hi Sebastian,

thanks for your help, that solved it. But I still got an issue.
The action is started when any child instance is moved to the finish(positiv) step and then all other child instances should be canceled.
Now I get an Concurrency Error, whilst trying to move a child instance in the finish(positiv) step.

Do you have any idea of how to fix this?

MVP
In reply to: Nick Troegel

Hi Sebastian,

thanks for your help, that solved it. But I still got an issue.
The action is started when any child instance is moved to the finish(positiv) step and then all other child instances should be canceled.
Now I get an Concurrency Error, whilst trying to move a child instance in the finish(positiv) step.

Do you have any idea of how to fix this?

Hi Nick,

in case you are still stuck the following could be a reason.
A concurrency error will happen if workflow a triggers workflow b which in turn modifies other workflow. If this chain would modify workflow a again you can get this problem.
This could also happen if you have an external system which wants to change a workflow per REST API which triggered the external system.

Maybe your parent workflow also tries to modify the finished positive workflow.

Best regards,
Daniel