Home > Forum > Installation > Adding mail address for local windows user

Adding mail address for local windows user

MVP

Hi everyone,

does someone has an idea, how I can add a mail address to a local user account? If I want to add one, I get an error, that the existing BPS Id does not match the UPN format.

background information:
a customer uses a single server machine for running a test environment for WEBCON BPS. The VM has no access to a domain so the installation has been executed using local user accounts.
The customer will access BPS Portal using AAD. I'm not part of the AAD so I can only use the local user account to access BPS Portal with windows authentication.

If no one has an idea, I may try to add the address directly to the database. Although I would like to refrain from this approach. It could work because the local user is an external user and isn't updated with the user synchronization.

Best regards,
Daniel

MVP
In reply to: Martin Meze (Freelancer)

Sorry Daniel. I was too quick in my response. I see what your issue is. If you don't use AD, how do you authenticate? What if you set up the authentication via google?

Hi Martin,

the server is running in Azure with local accounts and the users use Azure AD for authentication.

Even so I wouldn't do it in other cases I modified the data in the SQL Database directly since I didn't found another option.

Best regards,
Daniel

WEBCON
In reply to: Daniel Krüger (Cosmo Consult)

Hi Martin,

the server is running in Azure with local accounts and the users use Azure AD for authentication.

Even so I wouldn't do it in other cases I modified the data in the SQL Database directly since I didn't found another option.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel

There is no other option.
Windows Server local account has been added to WEBCON BPS to start WEBCON BPS Designer Studio and to configure External Authentication Provider (eg. AAD or Google). Not for a standard users.
So you should create an account in AAD and grant WEBCON BPS administrative permission to that account.

MVP
In reply to: Pawel Jawien (WEBCON)

Hi Daniel

There is no other option.
Windows Server local account has been added to WEBCON BPS to start WEBCON BPS Designer Studio and to configure External Authentication Provider (eg. AAD or Google). Not for a standard users.
So you should create an account in AAD and grant WEBCON BPS administrative permission to that account.

Hi Pawel,

thanks for the confirmation.

I hope to do so as you suggested in the near future. We have setup the environment for a customer who uses a single tenant application for AAD authentication. I don't have a guest account in their Azure AD yet. So I'm currently stuck testing the basic functionality with the local account.

Best regards,
Daniel