Home > Forum > Data sources > HELP / ADVICE NEEDED / Connection webcon -> OAuth -> Dynamics Business Central

HELP / ADVICE NEEDED / Connection webcon -> OAuth -> Dynamics Business Central

Hi there,
ever since OAuth2 connection was implemented I was happy and thought it would make connecting to Dynamics BC (Saas / Cloud Version) a breeze.
However, so far, it was / is not.
setting up the OAuth2 app authentication in Azure and webcon is pretty straightforward.
- it works like a charm in Postman ( I get my bearer token back) but I have no real way to test it in webcon, so I have to assume it´s working.

then you still have to set up the REST Web Service connection, then the actual Rest Web Service Data Source. but it is not possible to get the actual response layout.

I am at a loss.

has anyone successfully connected Webcon with Dynamics Business Central ?
Could anyone provide some insight (maybe even screenshots) on how to configure the Connection and Datasource(s) ?

All I want is use some published API webservices to inflate list items or use some webservice data as sources for dropdown fields....

MVP
In reply to: Denckert, Lutz

whats the usual turnaround for feedback in this forum ? 4 days and not one single response ?
thats a bit... sad.
I thought that both webcon had a larger user base and more of that base were using it in conjunction with MS Dynamics Business Central....

ah well. patience I guess
and trial & error

Hi Denckert,

since this forum doesn't display the number of views of a thread, one doesn't know, if the thread was "ignored" or viewed but without somehow who could help.

I for my part wasn't in the situation where I needed to connect to a BC SaaS environment. I had either the opportunity to use SOAP or read the database directly.

This will probably change in a few month, but than it will be hopefully to late to help you.

Maybe someone comes back from summer vacation and can help you out.

Best regards,
Daniel