Home > Forum > Processes > Delay start of workflow for 1 minute

Delay start of workflow for 1 minute

Hi all!

We are currently biting our nails with the following problem:

We need to delay execution of workflow for 1 minute, after 1 minute it should go to a path.

Every attempt to achieve that failed up to now.

The attached setting should trigger after 1 minute (as far as I understand that), but it seems to start immediately.

What are we doing wrong here?

Many thanks & best regards, Nik

MVP

Hi Nik,

this looks totally legit to me. I've used the same setup in multiple situations.
The only problems I had were:
- I had the workflow instance checked out while testing it. The timeout couldn't execute in this case
- There was an issue with the actions on the path

I could solve everything using the workflow history though.

You can also check the "timeout execution statistics" in admin mode to see, whether a timeout has been added.

The attachment shows an example of a timeout running into an error and the location of the timeout execution statistics.

Best regards,
Daniel

In reply to: Daniel Krüger (Cosmo Consult)

Hi Nik,

this looks totally legit to me. I've used the same setup in multiple situations.
The only problems I had were:
- I had the workflow instance checked out while testing it. The timeout couldn't execute in this case
- There was an issue with the actions on the path

I could solve everything using the workflow history though.

You can also check the "timeout execution statistics" in admin mode to see, whether a timeout has been added.

The attachment shows an example of a timeout running into an error and the location of the timeout execution statistics.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Maksymilian & Daniel!

Thanks for the answers.

Yes, it starts on step entry date, after that it runs on its configured interval.

I was sending a payload to an external webservice on a path. The problem was that external webservice was immediately trying to consume my workflow element, which was unsaved at that state.

I added a timeout on this step with the webservice call, so workflow element should be saved at this time and the problem will (hopefully) be gone.

Thanks a lot & best regards, Nik