Home > Forum > General > Adding Attachments from a Networkfolder without using the Hotfolder Functionality

Adding Attachments from a Networkfolder without using the Hotfolder Functionality

I have a scenario where i need to get a variable amount of CSV files as attachments into a running process instance.
The problem is that these CSV files are created by an outside system and can only be identified by the path in which they are stored and the creation date of the file. I can find these files with a PowerShell action but i have no clue how to add them as attachments to my workflow. At the point in time the files are created by the 3rd part system my workflow is not yet running so i cannot attach an instance identifier to the files which would be needed to use a hotfolder scenario.
Any tips would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Pasquale

MVP

Hi Pasquale,

I think you could still use the HotFolder functionality. Maybe create a simple workflow with just a start and end step which would get all the documents from the folder - one workflow per document (Start new workflow without conversion to pdf). This way you have all the documents in Webcon. Next, when you start the workflow to which you want to attach those documents, just use the Add attachment action, Files choice mode: Based on SQL query, Source files: Copy or Move attachments to the current instance (depending on if you need the same attachment for another process or not).

Does this approach help?

Cheers,
Martin