Home > Forum > General > Archived element still present in SOLR report

Archived element still present in SOLR report

Hello,
I have archived one WF element, removing it completely from the database.
However, I have a report based on SearchIndex, and I can still see the element header in this report (of course when I click on the link it gives me message of: Workflow instance does not exist
What should I do to remove the instance from SOLR?

In reply to: Karol Częczek

Hello,
check the solr queue.
Probably a deleted item is waiting to be indexed.
Webparts solr is as good as solr indexing works efficiently and effectively.

Regards.

Thank you Karol - perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough.
The thing is, that I didn't simply delete the document, but added it via Workflow action to archivisation queue, with priority 1 (so to have it removed immediately).
It is removed now, but the SOLR entry remains.
I believe there must be some additional SOLR job to be performed, but unfortunately, I have no experience with this, and I am not sure, which action I should perform, and will it impact other documents...

WEBCON
In reply to: Agnieszka Adamska

Thank you Karol - perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough.
The thing is, that I didn't simply delete the document, but added it via Workflow action to archivisation queue, with priority 1 (so to have it removed immediately).
It is removed now, but the SOLR entry remains.
I believe there must be some additional SOLR job to be performed, but unfortunately, I have no experience with this, and I am not sure, which action I should perform, and will it impact other documents...

Hello Agnieszka,
If you modify a document in any way, including through archive actions, then a reindexed record should appear in the SOLR queue report. I have verified such a scenario on version 2022.1.4.111 and everything gets deleted correctly. As Karol wrote, I suggest checking the SOLR queue report which you will find in Designer Studio > Reports > SOLR indexer queue. The queue should be empty, if there are some records in there that can't be processed, you need to verify the cause of the error, and after processing the records, the report should start working correctly.

Regards.

WEBCON
In reply to: Agnieszka Adamska

Hello,
The SOLR queue is empty. Still, the entry shows up in a report that is based on SOLR entried.
There must be some discrepancy: the instance does not exist, but its ID and header are still present in SOLR

Hello,

I have tried to reproduce this problem, on many different environments and every time, this case works correctly. I have some additional questions that may help me solve this issue:

1) When you archive an item, do you refresh the SOLR report?
I was able to reproduce a similar problem, but always after refreshing the report, everything displayed correctly (no matter if it was a SQL or SOLR report)

2) Do you have more than one content database?
If you have more than one content database, make sure the SOLR queue is empty on the content database from which the process came from

Regards.