Home > Forum > Processes > Item list bulk update

Item list bulk update

Hi all,

I would like to ask if anyone has configured or knows how to have a bulk update in a item list.
For example, the idea is to have many lines and select the ones that will move from Project A to Project B and then all of those lines will create a subworkflow to request an approval from person X.

Also, is there any option to select prior the lines that will be in the item list? Like a pop-up table with all the lines, and then only the ones chosen will be in the form.

Thank you!

MVP

Hi Andreia,

to me this seems similar to my post here. In my case I have a subworkflows which make up steps. During an active step the user can decide , that some steps need to be repeated. For this a dummy subworkflow starts, in a dialog. The user selects the steps to repeat in an item list and can then apply the changes, which will create the new steps and the dummy subworkflow will be deleted afterwards.
Here you see it in action at about 0:30 seconds
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7067371709800050689/

I'm not sure what you mean with Project A and B but the rest seems to be very similar.

Best regards,
Daniel

WEBCON

Hi Andreia,
It should be possible, I assume that you would need to use change item list values action (https://community.webcon.com/posts/post/the-change-items-list-values-action/263), update item lists on both projects, according to required logic, after approval in the subworkflow. You would need to add separate column for lines selection, like in the Daniel's example.
Regards,
Konrad

In reply to: Daniel Krüger (Cosmo Consult)

Hi Andreia,

to me this seems similar to my post here. In my case I have a subworkflows which make up steps. During an active step the user can decide , that some steps need to be repeated. For this a dummy subworkflow starts, in a dialog. The user selects the steps to repeat in an item list and can then apply the changes, which will create the new steps and the dummy subworkflow will be deleted afterwards.
Here you see it in action at about 0:30 seconds
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7067371709800050689/

I'm not sure what you mean with Project A and B but the rest seems to be very similar.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Very interesting what you configured in the process, however I'm not sure if that would be an option because the user will need to open line by line.
The main idea is, the user might need to migrate costs from one Project to another, in that way the lines may vary from 2 to 200. So it's time consuming doing each line and then submitting it to approval (which imagine we have 30 lines migrated, that would translate into 30 instances for the same user).

I'm still also not sure on using an item list because one for one case, the user migrated 2000 lines which put into an item list is somehow very painful.
The requirement here is to have an excel file and the user will edit inside the lines to migrate, I was trying to drop the excel file but it might be the only option here.

If there was an option like, I select the project and then in the pop-up (which would be an item list), the user would select the lines to migrate, but I'm concerned that this would be a very long list.