Home > Forum > General > Link to the object instance while the user clicks on the path

Link to the object instance while the user clicks on the path

Is it possible to create custom email that sends the information to the autor with the link to the element when user clicks on the path? If yes how so

In reply to: Maksymilian Stachowiak

Hello, yes it is possible - you can create action/automation - `Send a custom mail`, with Receipent set to Author.

You can see see examples around fig. 11 here: https://community.webcon.com/posts/post/e-mails-and-templates-in-webcon-bps/61

That is not clearing my question, as i am aware how to build custom mails. However, I do not know if it is possible that inside the custom email, I want to link the instance to the current object, while the user will be clicking on the path in a workflow.and i do not want to create a glbal email, rather i want to create an email dedicated to the process

MVP
In reply to: gelu100

That is not clearing my question, as i am aware how to build custom mails. However, I do not know if it is possible that inside the custom email, I want to link the instance to the current object, while the user will be clicking on the path in a workflow.and i do not want to create a glbal email, rather i want to create an email dedicated to the process

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "link the instance to the current object, while the user will be clicking on the path in a workflow"?

Do you want to have website link (URL) opening that document, or that document at specific version?
Or you want to allow users create a link (connection) between two different documents through mail?

MVP

Hi,
I want you to confirm that I understand your request correctly.
You would like to place a link on a button within an email, which, when clicked, behaves the same way as clicking on a path of an instance from BPM.
For example, within an approval process, you want to include the approval and rejection buttons directly in the email so that the employee doesn't have to navigate to the instance and click on those paths.

If this is what you want, I'm not sure if it can be done.
The path buttons in Webcon don't seem to work based on links; they appear to directly call .NET functions, I believe.

Another option, if you want to access paths from Outlook, would be to install the Webcon plugin for Outlook.
This plugin, when you're viewing an email from Webcon, displays the instance on the right side, where you can access the paths.

Thanks,
Raluca