Home > Forum > Forms > Path Job assigment error, after employee stop working in company

Path Job assigment error, after employee stop working in company

Hello
It's my firs question, so please dont "eat" me at the start :)
In our workflow we assing form to specifich worker.
Workers are assingned first by AD groups (which decide if they can acces webcon or not) and than by specific BPS groups.
Problem arise, whet person to whom job is assingned stops working.
He's automaticli removed from AD and any atempt to move proces is an error.
We circumvent that by adding field: Owner, and using it as source of job assigment.
This way if such situation ocours we as Admins can change persona and unlock process.
Is there a beter, more automtic way for this?
I should say that our application has around 700 steps, and 1,5 thousand paths.

MVP

Hi,
If tasks are assigned to a person in the group, then when a person in the group changes, new tasks should be easily assigned to this new person.
If there are already tasks assigned to a person who has stopped working, you can set a replacement for him in the administrative mode and all outstanding tasks will be able to be processed by the appointed replacement (after calculating the replacements according to the schedule).
If a person who does not work is set in the attributes and tasks are defined for these values, you can use an administrative tool for the replacement, but you need to be careful and analyze whether it will not negatively affect other processes, whether we will not give too much access to someone, etc.

in version 2023 you can assign tasks to a group (tasks are not assigned to users from the group, but to the group itself)
Regards

MVP
In reply to: Rafal

Start of proces is assigned to group, but then task is assigned to one person.
I know that as administrator, there are ways to change task, but it's ot the point of this querry.
Is there a way to ensure such actions don't ocour in future.
Such as: iff error, use diffrent person? - automaticly?

It is possible, but not as something global. You would have to configure the assign task actions appropriately. e.g. using SQL to check whether the person to whom we want to assign the task is active/exists in ad, if so, return this person, if not, select another one.
And this is probably the biggest problem, because again you would have to know who the task should be assigned to?
if it is one user, it's ok, but if the inactive person is different depending on the person who is inactive, you must have this knowledge when configuring. Assuming that the deputy will also be active :). You can also build something like a matrix, a separate workflow and define substitutes there, etc., but all this also needs to be maintained.