Home > Forum > Processes > Same Action, many Paths

Same Action, many Paths

Account deleted

Hi all,

I am currently building a process in which it is possible to go back to the 'start' step from almost any step. (There are 10 steps that can go back to the 'start')
Now I have an (1x) action (action template) that should be performed when someone selects the path to 'start'.

Is there a better way than adding this action to every path? (Adding the same action to all paths that lead to the same step again and again is simply inconvenient and contradicts the "Don't repeat yourself" principle).

Thanks for your input.

You can also make a automatic step between, where all paths merge and then automaticly move to final stpe with action in it.
This way you won't triger this action when you enter first step.
You can us conditions, or just operation on timeout.

MVP
In reply to: Karol Częczek

Hi,
You can add actions as input to the start step and add a condition for executing the action: if current path in (and return the path id here)

Regards.

Hi,

I think Karol refers to the "OnEntry" trigger of a step. These actions/automations are always when any path leads to this step. Either from another step or from the same step. It doesn't matter.

I have no idea how the Polish term is, but maybe it translates to "input". It could be a "false friend" like the English translated term "fields" is something along "attributes".

The "Action preview" of a path will give you an overview of all the actions.

Best regards,
Daniel

Account deleted
In reply to: Rafal

You can also make a automatic step between, where all paths merge and then automaticly move to final stpe with action in it.
This way you won't triger this action when you enter first step.
You can us conditions, or just operation on timeout.

Hi Rafal

I also thought of adding a merge step, but I don't know how it would automatically go on to the next step.

However, I have now used the OnEntry option and am checking whether a path has led back to the start.

Best regards,
Roman