Home > Forum > General > Companies are added every time process is imported

Companies are added every time process is imported

Dear Community,
In one of my clients, I have an issue with registered companies. There are few companies set. If I import a process from test environments companies are added again (with new id).
I have already tried to "sync" ids of companies in test and prod environment (set names assigned to id in test env from prod), but the result is the same.
To get things more weird not all companies are added with every import.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

MVP

Hi Adam,

Is there any chance that companies were created by hand on each environment, and not with import/export?
You could check it by running query below on each environment - if Guids are different, thats the reason why new companies are created.

SELECT COM_Name, COM_Guid, COM_ID FROM Companies

You should import companies from production env to dev/test, this will create new ones with same guid, and then correct any rules, which used the wrong ones.

MVP
In reply to: Adam Hatak

Dear Maks,
thanks for that. I should have looked in DBs at first place :)
Just curious what happens if I change GUIDs in TEST DB to match those in PROD directly on DB. Seems that values from COM_ID are used in other tables (i.e. WFElements).

Have you tried that before?

I've never tried it, so can't tell - i'm avoiding any updates on the database i'd rather not miss something that will cause more troubles :)
I'm using API if i need to do some digging - this way i know all the logic of database is handled by the WEBCON, but in that case API is no help.

Although if other places are using ID's (i've not checked it), not GUID's it might work.

In reply to: Maksymilian Stachowiak

I've never tried it, so can't tell - i'm avoiding any updates on the database i'd rather not miss something that will cause more troubles :)
I'm using API if i need to do some digging - this way i know all the logic of database is handled by the WEBCON, but in that case API is no help.

Although if other places are using ID's (i've not checked it), not GUID's it might work.

OK. Took a risk and updated GUIDs on TEST env DB with the ones from PROD. IDs were the same. Then I have exported one application from test env to prod env and during the import in prod it was OK. No information about creating new companies during import. I didn't finished / confirmed the import process to prod env assuming that information displayed in import wizard is valid :)

Personally I do also prefer to avoid any changes in DBs, but it's still easier than changing IDs of companies used.

Thanks for your support.