Home > Forum > Forms > show field in specific steps

show field in specific steps

hi team,
im trying to show a field in specific steps not in all of them, im using( if then )and (show hide) , it work in one step only.., how i can apply it in the next steps of the same workflow

any idea!

thanks

MVP

Hi,

if you only need to hide/show fields based in steps and there's nothing more involved, than there's a simpler option.

It's called field matrix and you can read up on it here:

https://docs.webcon.com/docs/2023R2/Studio/Workflow/Forms/

Field matrix – the tab provides options to define the level of form fields and system areas interactivity and visibility. The matrix is displayed as a table with its columns corresponding to workflow steps and rows assigned to individual form fields. By checking or unchecking respective coloured boxes, a user can manage form field visibility. There are four display modes available: Visible, Read-only, Read-only (cannot be modified except by JavaScript), and Required. When a box is left unchecked, a given form field is not displayed,

Best regards,
Daniel

MVP

Hi,
The only idea I have right now is: I think you can use the main form at the workflow level by placing an 'if' condition to check if the current step is in the required steps (if there are multiple steps, you can use the negation to ensure it's not in the undesired steps)

You can create this as a business rule and use it on fields where it's necessary.

Method 2: Implement the main form conditions at the level of each step.

Thanks,
Raluca