Home > Forum > Rules, JS, SQL > How to move/attach workflow as a sub-workflow.

How to move/attach workflow as a sub-workflow.

Hello,

I have a workflow and after clicking on the path button I want to assign it to the another workflow as a sub-workflow. In start step I have an attribute where I can choose the instance of workflows and after clicking the path button, this workflow will be a sub-workflow of choosen workflow.

I don't know if I write it clearly :)

Regards
Adam

MVP
In reply to: Adam Wojnarowski

Hi Daniel,

I used this option, but it didn't make any difference.
Still my new workflow is not seen as a sub-workflow.

Regards
Adam

Hi Adam,

for me it is working as expected.
I've used a choose field and an integer field to test both scenarios and bot worked fine.

When I execute the action the parent workflow of the current workflow is changed. Respectively the current workflow is listed as a sub workflow in the parent workflow.

At least this is what I understand you want to achieve.

Best regards,
Daniel

In reply to: Daniel Krüger (Cosmo Consult)

Hi Adam,

for me it is working as expected.
I've used a choose field and an integer field to test both scenarios and bot worked fine.

When I execute the action the parent workflow of the current workflow is changed. Respectively the current workflow is listed as a sub workflow in the parent workflow.

At least this is what I understand you want to achieve.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

It's frustraiting, because I've done this like you described.

I have a choose field with potencial parent workflows. I have an action on path to the next step which modifiy single value of field where I make a parent workflow id.
But it's not working...

EDIT:
I've checked database and there is null in column WFD_WFDID. So it's like it doesn't work... I mean the acction

EDIT2:
It works, but not in version of Webcon I have :) Tested in another and it works :)

Regards
Adam