Home > Forum > Database > Recovery Pending and HTTP error 502.5

Recovery Pending and HTTP error 502.5

My database goes into "Recovery Pending" mode which causes a program HTTP error 502.5.
Restarting the SQL Server service solves the problem, but this has happened several times, does anyone know why this is happening?

MVP

Hi,
there are many reasons that might cause error like that.

It might be lack of storage space, forced shutdown (loss of power) which might break some transactions and probably more.
You should try to locate what caused it exactly - check windows logs (Event Viewer), maybe SQL Server Error Log (SELECT on table sys.messages), try DBCC CHECKDB command with SQL.

Could you give us some more information about your environment? Is it dedicated dev server, local virtual machine etc.? Is it one server install, or services are split between servers?

MVP
In reply to: Wawrzyniec

Hi,

There was no shutdown or problems with storage space, but I will check the logs later. Thanks for suggestion.
It is dedicated VMWare virtual machine, all services and databases are togeter on this virtual machine.

Hi,

is the virtual machine using SQL Express?
I think we had this issue and it was related to the default value of the auto_close option of SQL Server Express.
Disabling the Auto_Close helped us.
https://blog.sqlauthority.com/2016/09/22/sql-server-set-auto_close-database-option-off-better-performance/

Best regards,
Daniel