Home > Forum > Processes > Premature termination of workflow - how to do it?

Premature termination of workflow - how to do it?

Hello everyone,

Many years ago I was using PercussionPowerFlow for Lotus Notes.

There were nice features in the workflow to "jump out/jump back" from/to current state to ah hoc state. This was very useful for prematurely terminating or suspending workflows.

As far as I've dug into the Werbcon, I haven't found anything like that.

Everything has to be done strictly according to the workflow definition.

So if I have one start, 3 ends and 10 statuses in the middle, do I need to add a special termination path to all 10 statuses in the middle?

Is there any other method with only one instance of something that could prematurely terminate the process?

Rafał

MVP

Hi Rafał,

you are right, you need to have a path that leads from one step to another. You can not simply "jump" between steps.
If you need to do /execute actions you can either execute them in the OnEntry of the final step or create an automation and use this automation in the steps.

If you don't want to the path in the diagram, you can hide them.

That being said, I don't know PercussionPowerFlow, in WEBCON there is no actual "termination". You can always move the workflow back /forward to another step.

Best regards,
Daniel

MVP
In reply to: Daniel Krüger (Cosmo Consult)

Hi Rafał,

you are right, you need to have a path that leads from one step to another. You can not simply "jump" between steps.
If you need to do /execute actions you can either execute them in the OnEntry of the final step or create an automation and use this automation in the steps.

If you don't want to the path in the diagram, you can hide them.

That being said, I don't know PercussionPowerFlow, in WEBCON there is no actual "termination". You can always move the workflow back /forward to another step.

Best regards,
Daniel

As Daniel already said, there is no such thing in Webcon.

There is one Exception - you can configure single path on a step, which returns to a previous step, so it's not connected to a specific one.
In this place, you can choose 'Previous step', as a destination: https://docs.webcon.com/docs/2023R3/Studio/Workflow/Step/Path/Step_Paths#5-destination-step

I'm currently creating 'Terminate' paths from basically all steps, to 'Terminated' step, for all workflows.
Even when users says there is no need, there soon will be, and It's good to have them hidden under Admin button ;)

A tip to make it less tedious - configure single path, and then just copy it, no need to configure it from ground up on each step.