Home > Forum > Actions > Starting URL Instance and Editability rules

Starting URL Instance and Editability rules

Hello all,

I have a process that can be started either from a Parent workflow or in the workflow, using a menu option (creating a sub-task).

In the start step, I have editability rules, if the user is creating a sub-task, some fields can be edited, but if the task has come from another process, those fields cannot be changed.
In the URL, I'm passing the ID when the user creates a sub-task to a field in order to use it as editability parameter. However, although the field has information on it, I'm not able to make the fields editable.

This is only working when I use instance from parent workflow. I cannot use this last option because this always come from another process and only when it's a subtask, the fields can be changed.

Do you have any ideas on why this is not working?

Hi Andreia,
I don't know if I understand correctly, but can you show how you created the editability rule?
Additionally, do you have to set the "related task" field (1) if you have "Parent ID" (2)? Maybe you can make a rule based on "Parent ID"

In reply to: Jack

ok now I understand :-)
when the your editability rule is executed, the value of the "Related task" field is probably still empty.

You need to do this using a form rule (example attached)

In the form is visible, the info passes there, but probably to check the editability rules the definition on not being empty needs to be registered in the database.
It worked, thank you for your support!