Home > Forum > Forms > [SOLVED] Conditional validation of item list cell if flow is signed to few people [wait for others] and one of them is in special group and flow is going particular path ...

[SOLVED] Conditional validation of item list cell if flow is signed to few people [wait for others] and one of them is in special group and flow is going particular path ...

I have problem with validation form.

1. I have step where task is assigned to tech group All
(other groups in form)
a) Lider = Person A or Person A and Person B
b) User group = Person 1, Person 2 ... Person X
c) All = Lider + User group

Now I have conditions to few cells in "item list"

If user is one of Lider (group) then he need to fill and set proper values in each row in "item list".
if user is one of User Group then he don't need to do anything or is filling first part of "item list"

Paths:

if Path Zapisz (save) >> resets [cancel all and assign again] all done tasks and all need to do task (step) again

if path "ocena raportu" (next step) then all need to finish step ..
[when was 1 of all - then validation works, but I would like to validate only if the user is one of particular group.
another problem is if i do conditions on that validation then is validate for last person but it should ship validation and hold only particular use doesn't matter if other finished or not.

I did the bugging from step and
if anyuser go ba save then:
- action on save is done
- condission check is done to see what was the path

thats fine it went throw save and path grup of acctions but ...

if any user went by "next step" then "holds" ... waits for others and did not use save step action :/
so if I have wait for others to finish the validation is not working :/ is not doing any actions on "end" or "on save" .... ..

So how to validate form only if path is "next step" , condition is "wait for others to finish" and user is in "special group? " ?
but ignore checks if path is "save" ?

if Path Zapisz (save) >> resets [cancel all and assign again] all done tasks and all need to do task (step) again
if path "ocena raportu" (next step) then all need to finish step .. [when was 1 of all - then validation works, but I would like to validate only if the user is one of particular group.
another problem is if i do conditions on that validation then is validate for last person but it should ship validation and hold only particular use doesn't matter if other finished or not.

In reply to: Jack

Hi,
did you try "Additional path validation form rule".
inside it you can use Business rule, which can include checking if someone is in the group.
The advantage of this validation is that it is ALWAYS performed (even if the process is waiting for other people)

OK, it works if there is only ole line in Item List ...
but if is more than one and last one have positive condition then it go throw not stop ....

how to brake behave ? like "stop" / "brake" ect.
if any = false then stop....

should I do:
add path "do nothing"
in condition (on else >> invoke menu button
to button assign go by path "do nothing" ? .. but then I have error/prompt to not do that way ... "try do it in proper way ... " (yeah, sure ... how ? )

-- edit ---
I did go throw path in condition ... OK, semi success ...
now it stays in proper step but ....

now how in proper way configure go through "do nothing" to:
- if some one finish then keep that status [in that configuration is working]
- if someone from condition status "false" went by "do nothing" then keep status not finished step .... [is not working ... treats as finished ...because it finished and enter again ... ]

In reply to: Jack

I don't know if I understood correctly, but if you want to do nothing, you can just return FALSE (then the loop WILL NOT go through the path)

I did and it skipped ... it treats false for that row .. but for next where is proper value it treats is true .. so it allow to go forward ... :/ it should break "loop" but it check "for each" and go to next row ... I'm looking for "brake" function give error and stop ...

In reply to: Paweł Tołoczko

I did and it skipped ... it treats false for that row .. but for next where is proper value it treats is true .. so it allow to go forward ... :/ it should break "loop" but it check "for each" and go to next row ... I'm looking for "brake" function give error and stop ...

you can add a technical field (TRUE by default) and set it to FALSE only if something is wrong. At the end of the loop you return the value of the technical field.

I haven't tested this, but maybe something like this will work

--- EDIT ---
You can also add alert inside last IF