Home > Forum > General > "System" update flow but keep task done as done & waiting [to do] as waiting [to do]

"System" update flow but keep task done as done & waiting [to do] as waiting [to do]

I have problem ... [2022.1.4.404]
maybe not problem but looks like is missing one option as Parameters in creating task ..
or I don't know how to in proper way configure path ...

Now we have 3 parameters:
1. Wait for the completion of required tasks,
2. Mark tasks as completed,
3. Mark tasks as canceled.

but what if I have flow where element have assigned 4 people in parent flow A,B,C,D.
A is finished
B is waiting
C is finishing
D is waiting

now I do move parent flow by tech/system path to update some field/fields [whatever]
and I would like to:
keep
A is finished
B is waiting
C is finishing
D is waiting

only option I see is:
Cancel [3] so .. A and C need to finish again
Completed [2] B and D will finish ... and I assign again tasks so ... finally A and C will need to finish again
Wait [1] it will go nowhere ... because it will wait for B and D ...

[4] so .. how to pass by path but keep A and C as finished and B and D as Waiting ? and for example add (assign) E as Waiting ...

I don't see other option than "update parent flow" with out "moving by sql" ... but if moving then go by path .. then ..

MVP

Hi Paweł,

when a workflow instance uses follows a path all tasks will always be completed.
If the path is set to "wait for completion" the workflow instance will not be using the path. It will only be saved.

Therefore I see only two option.
1) If you only need to update fields, you could use the update related workflow instance action. It's basically a "save" action with which you can update the fields of any workflow instance.
https://docs.webcon.com/docs/2024R1/Studio/Action/Workflow/UpdateParentWorkflow/
2) Use the "Mark task as cancelled" option and use a business which would recreate the cancelled tasks.

Best regards,
Daniel