Home > Forum > Actions > [solved] subworkflow started from item list is started twice

[solved] subworkflow started from item list is started twice

Hello,
I have an item list where, upon leaving the step, each data row is sent to a separate instance into another application via a subworkflow action.

Unfortunately, I have the problem that if I have more than 2 datarows, my subworkflows start the instances twice

MVP

Hi Celina,

are you executing the action inside a for each loop or outside? If iit's inside a foreach, it would be executed twice. At least this is the only explanation I have if there's one row creates one sub workflow but two rows creates 4 rows.

Off topic:
- I would use the DET_WFCONID condition inside the join. This could make a small performance improvement
- I would recommend to switch Designer Studio to English. This will help others and yourself to find information with the correct terms.

Best regards,
Daniel

MVP
In reply to: Celina

Hi Daniel,
yes exactly I have the subworkflow action in a for-each, but I need it to start a subworkflow for each datarow?

Thanks for the tips, I will implement them

Hi Celina,

with the Start subworkflow (SQL) action you will start one workflow for each row in the result set.
If you have no other actions in the for each loop, than you can simply "move" the action outside of the for each loop and delete the loop.

If you have other actions in the for each loop or you want to store the started workflow instance id in the current row, you would need to use the "simple" start subworkflow action. This action will allow you to save the instance id of the created workflow to an automation parameter which in turn can be used to store the value in a column of the item list.

Best regards,
Daniel

In reply to: Daniel Krüger (Cosmo Consult)

Hi Celina,

if the for each operator uses the "Collection type" item list, than you can access the values of the current item list row inside all actions.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel
but my problem was that the subworkflows were started twice.
When I only did the subworkflow start (sql) without for each (as you said) they were only started individually - which was great but I have a businessrule in the query 'if MAQUALIF to respective MA = 0 then true else false' which accesses the value of the item list - So I must have the possibility to access the item list.