Home > Forum > Processes > Concurrency Error Concurrency Error

Concurrency Error Concurrency Error

Does anyone came across an error like this?
Not sure how to solve it.

I attached the list of actions that occurs in the path but I don't understand what is the problem.

Thank you for your help!

MVP

Hi Andreia,

in which specific action does the error occur? Can you take a look at the history in admin mode and see which actions have been completed successfully?
This is just a wild guess, but are your sub workflows changing the parent workflow or do you want to change the current workflow from somewhere else?

Something like this could cause an error as you described.

Best regards,
Daniel

MVP
In reply to: Andreia Correia

Hi Daniel,

Once my subworkflows start, they update the parent with their ID.

Looking at the history, the subworkflows appear as completed and the I get the error which does not have any useful information

Hi Andreia,

did you test, whether the deactivated action 'subworkflow updates parent workflow' won't cause an error?
If this is the case, you need to revert this. Are you using the "start a subworkflow (SQL)" action because you create multiple approval/no competition workflows?
If this is not the case, it would be easier to use the "start a subworkflow action". On Advanced Tab it has an option "Copy subworkflow id to field".

Best regards,
Daniel

MVP
In reply to: Andreia Correia

Hi,

Removing the update related instance I don't get the error. But I need to use the Subworkflow SQL because I'm starting them from an Item List

Hi Andreia,

I don't know your data but a generic approach would be:
a) Store the DET_ID of the item list row in a technical field of the subworkflow
b) Execute an item list update on the parent workflow where you fetch the created workflow id by querying the subworkflow using the DET_ID as an additional where condition.

Filtering the subworkflow for the parent workflow id and the DET_ID will give you a 1:1 mapping and you can assign the Id of the subworkflow to the column.

Best regards,
Daniel