Home > Forum > Actions > Automatic opening sub-workflows

Automatic opening sub-workflows

Hi All,

I want to do automatically open sub workflow after parent workflow started.
Now I have to open parent workflow and find there sub workflow button.

I want something like this:

1. Fill parent form and start flow to save and start sub-workflow.
2. Sub workflow starts and now I want tha this sub-flow opens automatically in the same tab.

Probably "hyperlink" action can do this but I don't know hoe to configure it:/

Can anybody help?

Hi Darek,

in the configuration of creating a sub-WF there is an option to write the Sub-WF WFD_ID to a field you can specify. Hence you need to create such a field (most likely technical), and then choose it as target for sub-WF-ID on the advanced tab of start SUB-WF configuration .

After the action of creating the sub-workflow add a hyperlink-action, with the value from that field as ID in the URL.

Of course works only with single sub-WF, not with start-subworkflows (SQL). At least I think so.

See screenshots for more info, no clue why i named it "Parent-workflow-ID", though. It should be named something like "Sub-Workflow-ID" ;)

In reply to: Christian Amler

Hi Darek,

in the configuration of creating a sub-WF there is an option to write the Sub-WF WFD_ID to a field you can specify. Hence you need to create such a field (most likely technical), and then choose it as target for sub-WF-ID on the advanced tab of start SUB-WF configuration .

After the action of creating the sub-workflow add a hyperlink-action, with the value from that field as ID in the URL.

Of course works only with single sub-WF, not with start-subworkflows (SQL). At least I think so.

See screenshots for more info, no clue why i named it "Parent-workflow-ID", though. It should be named something like "Sub-Workflow-ID" ;)

Great! That's what I wanted. Thank you Christian

Best regards
Darek