Home > Forum > Forms > Attachments in dictionaries

Attachments in dictionaries

Hi everyone,
Is there a way to add attachments to dictionary process type entries? I only need one attachment per entry and if this will not be possible, I will have to redesign the process to the standard version.

MVP

Hi Michał,

dictionary processes are not intended to have attachments. But if you only need one, than you could simply switch to to the document template process. As far as I know that's the only real difference. Both can be transferred, the entries exported/imported, GUIDs are kept. :)
The only drawback is, that neither one can have an Item List, but this is probably due to the fact, that this would cause issues when exporting /importing.

Best regards,
Daniel

MVP
In reply to: Michał Ludwiczak

Hi Daniel,
I'm facing the same problem again an now I need to apply your solution (I posponed it as long as it was possible ;-) ) and switch to the document template process (or even a standard process). I'm searching through the menu and can't find how can this be done. I guess only through changing a field directly in the database? Can you please direct me what to do? :)

Michal

Hi Michał,

I had a quick look and you could try the following but I'm quite sure, that this is not supported, I haven't tested it and won't do so. :)

There's the field DEF_TemplateID in [WFDefinitions]
Templates have the Id 8 and dictionaries 7.

In addition there are the columns DEF_TemplateConfiguration and DEF_DictionaryDataSourceID.
The value of TemplateConfiguration seems to be the same for both ones. DictionaryDataSourcID is empty for standard processes, but since you want to switch from one to another you might be lucky. :)

Best regards,
Daniel