Home > Forum > Actions > API Request Action in version 2021.1.2.76

API Request Action in version 2021.1.2.76

Hello everyone!
Have u stumble upon this error when u make a request through the action and map the body on a field?
In the body field as mentioned in the picture should be the body , the json but, is shown the type of collection ( System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.Object] )

MVP

Same problem. Ales Jurak picture is what I get too. Sometimes mapping the body contents with the webcon action is not enough. So I was saving the entire body in a technical field, then manipulating it via js/sql/webcon functions. Now I can't get the webcon body anymore. I get the same value(System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.Object]) instead of the actual body json.

MVP

If this is a changed behavior after updating it looks to me like this is an unintended result of this feature:

l In the REST action configuration in WEBCON Designer Studio it is now possible to
build a request using JSON - Grid table structure containing objects, collections
and collections of values.

The image in the change log looks like the body could be based on the dictionary<string,object> like it is written in the form field. Maybe the json body was a string before and has been changed to a dictionary. But if the body is assigned to a field now the ToString returns the type of the underlying object instead of the simple string it was before.

So someone of you should open a support request, if it hasn't been done yet.
I would have to create an example, so I'm out of this.

Best regards,
Daniel

MVP
In reply to: Tomasz Batko

Hello

The described behavior is a reported bug and will be implemented in the next 2021.1.2 release. It should be published this month.

Hi everyone,

the new version has been published and I think this is fixed:

Change log entry:
Fixed an error caused by a change of the Response:Body mapping in the REST
action configuration.

Best regards,
Daniel